Michigan - South Haven
The Williams Block, #500 Phoenix Street, started life in 1897 housing Citizen's Bank.
A ride west down Phoenix Street featuring #517-519, #516, and #509. The one on the left claims to date to late 19th century, which seems to be the age of much of downtown.
A whole century later in 1905, the Carnegie Library was built on the southest corner of Phoenix Street and Broadway. It's now an arts center, but at least it's still here.
The most modern building on this page is still over a century old, the 1913 Central High School on Broadway south of Erie Street. It's now lofts, but at least it's still here.
Back to Michigan Non-Roads
Back to Non-Roads main page