Vermont - Wallingford
The 1867-1951 train station is at the west end of Depot Street and has housed the fire department since 1958.
Looking east along Roaring Brook from the Railroad Street (VT Route 140) bridge.
All of the following buildings are part of the Wallingford Main Street Historic District, even if they aren't on Main Street.
The 1894 Gilbert Hart Library, at the southwest corner of Depot Street (VT Route 140) and Main Street (US Route 7).
The 1824 (remodeled twice) Wallingford House is on the northeast corner (School Street, still Route 140).
The 1824 (remodeled once) International Order of Odd Fellows' building is on the southeast corner. It's now a pizza place and thrift store on the first floor, but the second floor apartments and third floor meeting spaces are uninhabitable until restored, used only as storage.
The 1827 (remodeled never) First Baptist Church is east on School Street.
The 1906 Stafford Building is the town hall, and housed the town jail in the basement until 1960.
Heading east out of town.
VT Route 140 Roads photos
Back to Vermont Non-Roads
Back to Non-Roads main page